There was just something about this Joker – he was crying out to be cut – I started with a wallpaper background image – and it was only when I started cutting that I realised that the image was very symmetrical.
The image was based on the half image used in the promotion and flipped and joined – the master Lino was cut and used to create a second plate I used this second plate along with a number of paper masks to print the colour items, printing the yellow first, then the red areas and then the blue and finally the green shirt. The Hair was printed from the main Lino.
I print using Ternes buttons for registration and this allows you to lift and look at the print, re-lay it and rub down a bit more this gives you a wide range of tonal colour options and the softer areas particularly the hair.
Below are the final prints
These can be found on my ArtFinder store